Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sorry for the horrible picture. (I need a Canon Rebel) But, the point is....that it's positive!!! If you can't tell. Seriously, I'm freaking out! Wouldn't you be if you had an 8 week old at home!

I left this test on the back of the toilet for Nate to see. Usually his first trip is the bathroom when he gets home so I figured it would be the quickest way to tell him, but he stopped and chatted for awhile. Well, he was getting a little chatty so I had to tell him I left him a present in the bathroom and to go check it out. (I was getting a little impatient)

Nate: "You're kidding, right?"
Me: "Nope, the pee test doesn't lie"
Nate: "No, you're kidding" (with a slightly elevated heart rate I think)
Me: Just smiling with a couple of tears in my eyes.
Nate: "I don't believe you." Totally in denial.
Me: "It's your fault."

Well, to keep things short, it goes on for awhile like that. Finally, when Nate picked up the phone to call people, I said, "All right, just kidding. April Fools." Pretty funny right? I think so. Did I have anyone going?

He totally deserves it because he's always playing jokes on everyone on April Fools Day. He never fully believed it because he was well aware of what day it was, but I did have him unsure about it. It was fun. Oh, and Cami peed on the stick for me. I had plently of choice since her, Steph, and Shelley are all pregnant right now.

Nate's Joke...
When the renters came to pay rent today, Nate told them that he sold the house and that they needed to be out within a week. The look on his face was shock and stuttering. "What? But....the contract....are you serious?" He thinks he's hilarious.

8 comments:

The Meehl Family said...

That's freakin' hilarious!!! I was totally worried for you though...I'm having a tough time with Christian and Emma being only 13 months apart...I can't imagine them closer!!!

Sonda Bryce said...

I was totally thinking "What the hell is she thinking?" Then I realized what living with an April Fooler does to someone... Good for you! I hope he was scared... at least for a second!

Maranda Whittle said...

You got me!! I was about to cry for you! Those kids would be waaaay to close in age and I would probably kill myself!!

Lori Buhr said...

I don't think I have ever heard of a better April fool's joke, and I have lived with the World's Biggest Joker for about 27 years now. About a week ago we agreed to a no jokes truce for April Fool's. Some years it has gotten out of control, but reading your story almost made me wish I hadn't agreed. It was a peaceful day however! Made me laugh and smile!

Mary Ann said...

how funny! i believed it! i totally forgot it was april's fools day!

Sarah Pace said...

Holy Smokes you had me going and I was freking out for you!! good joke though!!

kristal said...

Ha! I did this same thing to Jase. And it sucked cause he was getting excited, and I was saying how mad I am because I'm finally getting into my skinny jeans and we have the hawaii trip planned and blah blah blah, and hewas just excited, so I had to let him off the hook after a good 15 or 20 minutes. So mean!!!

Kerrie said...

You totally got me! That was awesome! Good job!