So apparently, I stink. One of Elly's things (she has lots of things) is smelling things and it's usually followed by "Ewww that stinks" or "What smells?" I can't believe I'm going to write this down because it's kinda embarrasing, but whatever. She follows me around alot and often smells my bum and tells me I stink. Maybe I should shower more. She's giving me a complex. I'de be a little more worried, but she does it to Nate too. But he really does stink so maybe she's telling us the truth. Just kidding. The other day we had company over. When this person got off her chair, Elly smelled the chair and yep, she said "That's smelly" How emabarrasing. I had to assure her that she's not the only one that stinks. Hopefully she'll grow out of this one soon, but it's been going on for at least a month. But just a warning, if you ever come by the house you may want to be "all shiny and clean" as Elly calls it, or she may tell you that you stink.

This is what she does when she smells things. What a stinker. Kids are fun, huh.
Another Elly thing...
She's totally in to monsters and beasties. I have no idea where she got the beasties. She always tells me, "There's a Beastie in there mom, go check." Me, "Elly we don't have beasties" Elly, "But I saw the edge of it mom, go check." I try and try and explain to her that we don't have monsters or beasties and that the "Monster man" came and sprayed for them so we don't have any more (you know, like the bug man) but she's not having it. I'm so sick of them, I wish they would just leave us alone! I've been known to hide in the closet with Elly for long periods of time and check every room before it's safe for her to go in there, and assure her that that noise she heard wasn't a monster. I'm so sick of it. So, GO AWAY Monsters!! And don't come back!
I think it is hilarious that as I was sitting here writing this post, Elly was in Joe's room buggin him and SiSi. SiSi left the room and Elly said "Watch out for the monsters." and when she got back she said, "Did you watch out for the monsters?"
5 comments:
She's SO FUNNY! I had a ball this weekend too! Sorry about the whole late at night thing...it truly is the only time I get things done. Hanging out with cousins and playing all weekend long made me SUPER home sick!!!
This is too funny Becky! As long as she out grows sniffing people before she gets in high school, then you don't have to worry :o).
Hilarious! I love it!
Its about time I got invited to your blog, I was begining to get my feelings hurt!! :)
That is so funny. YOu have just got to love the comments kids say. Last summer I tried on a swimming suit in my room and I told Catlett I look so fat. Houston came in a few min. later and said mom don't wear that you look fat. It was the worst. Catlett swears he heard me say that but I still don't believe that. Kids ya got to love them.
crista
Post a Comment