Friday, January 4, 2008

Something Old, and Something New

OK, this is Elly's OLD bed. Look a little fancy for a 2 year old? That's because it's MY BED! She has slept with us since birth. Sad, I know. But, really, me and Nate both don't mind it and actually prefer it. I know you think we're crazy. She had a really cute nursery, but it never got used to sleep in, just to play in. But, I always had a crib for visiters with babies. Anyway, I'm trying to plan for the future and figured it might get a little crowded with 4 people in our bed with the new baby.And...here's Elly's NEW bed. It has been a rough transition so far and we haven't made very much progress. How do you put a 2 year old in a big girl bed that she can get out of herself when she's never slept alone before? Me and Nate have been taking turns sleeping with her and trying to sneak out after she falls asleep, but she just comes to our room after a couple of hours. I think one of the hardest parts is that we don't care if she sleeps with us, so it's hard to make her, but we know she can't sleep with us forever, so it's time to cut her off. The new baby is starting in her own bed and STAYING! Wish us luck. Any suggestions?

Wondering why I painted a little girl room blue? We painted it while building and I always thought I would have a boy next, but it's a girl! Nate told me he would never repaint our house. Painting our house is a long story. It was a pain in the butt in many many ways. I'm putting the new baby in Elly's old room (painted pink) and changed it to pink and brown instead of pink and green. Just for a little change. It's turning out cute I think. I have more extra bedrooms, but the red room works better as a guest room and is too big for a little girl room and Elly's too young to put in the basement, and of course the other bedroom was blue. So I had a really hard time deciding where to put her. I decided to try and work with the blue, and I'm falling in love with it. My mom made her a new bedspread to tie in pink, blue, and green and it's adorable. It has her name on it and has cute sayings embroidered into it like Girly girl, and daddy's girl, and adorable, etc. Love it! I'm still working on getting it all put together and am happy with the way it's turning out. That's the story of the blue room (the long version, sorry).
This is the sofa table Nate got me for Christmas to match my bedroom set. It's the final touch to my bedroom. Thanks baby! He also got me a TOM TOM (navigation system for the car, just in case I get lost in Thatcher. hehe), an office chair for my scrapbook room, and gift cards to my favorite stores. He treats me good.

6 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Elly's new bed is cute! I love the bedspread!!

And, yes the house is on
2nd street. We are DEFINATELY staying in the ward. We could never leave our wonderful 4th ward!! :o)

Allred's said...

okay, so when do we get to see pics of the pink and brown room? I am anxiously anticipating that. Isn't it funny how you get a huge urge to decorate when you can barely move? That's how I feel anyway. I love your bedroom set and the table to match. Your husband does treat you fantastically!!

Maranda Whittle said...

I don't have any tips on keeping Elly in her own bed, we never had any problems with Dylan, he's always loved his own room and big boy bed, sorry! I love Elly's room, it's so cute!! Oh, and your new table, so pretty.

Stickman said...

sa-weeeeet blog!
lovely family, home, and life you have! you are truly blessed.

Mary Ann said...

wow, nate did good for christmas. you've got to put pics of your whole house on here. your house is amazing. elly's bed is adorable. i think the blue is so cute! good luck with elly... our first slept in our bed a lot too... it's a hard transition! try bribbing her!: )

Cami said...

you are truly blessed, and a bit spoiled! I guess it's ok for nate to spoil you a little because you don't act like a brat. As soon as you start acting like a brat, I'll let you know, I'm a good sister. The blue is cool. Don't feel bad about Elly sleeping with you, she probably always will sometimes. The other night we had all 4 of us in our bed. We had a weak moment I guess. Miss you guys, talk to you later. Cami