Ragan Natalie Buhr
January 24th 1:06 p.m.
5 lbs. 4oz.
18.5 inches long
I've been waiting to post some picture because Shelley has most of the good ones and I've been waiting for them. But, here's what I have since people have been requesting.

Look at all that hair! We love babies with tons of hair. I must admit I was pretty worried that she wouldn't have hair. Out of all the 20 or so grandkids on the Howard side, we have yet to have one without hair. I'm glad to not disappoint.
Elly wasn't so sure about all this at first. She didn't want anything to do with me or the baby. It only took her a few minutes to fall in love with her baby sister though. Now she can't get enough.
Me and my beautiful girls.
Aren't they sweet?
Kisses for baby Ragan
Elly wasn't so sure about all this at first. She didn't want anything to do with me or the baby. It only took her a few minutes to fall in love with her baby sister though. Now she can't get enough.
Me and my beautiful girls.
Aren't they sweet?
Kisses for baby Ragan
Going home. She is so tiny. So tiny that she didn't fit in her carseat. I was worried that they weren't going to let us leave because the carseat wouldn't go any tighter. This is a preemie outfit and her arms and legs only fill it about halfway. Pictures do no justice to show how tiny she really is.
Elly is always begging to hold baby Ragan. She adores her and can't stop talking about her. The first thing she said when she woke up this morning was "Where's baby Ragan. I need to hold my baby sister."
All clean after her bath. She hated it! Elly did too. Elly gets so mad at me when Ragan is crying. She tells me to stop what I'm doing and tells me Ragan doesn't like it. She even cries with her because she's so concerned that something is wrong.
Elly is always begging to hold baby Ragan. She adores her and can't stop talking about her. The first thing she said when she woke up this morning was "Where's baby Ragan. I need to hold my baby sister."
All clean after her bath. She hated it! Elly did too. Elly gets so mad at me when Ragan is crying. She tells me to stop what I'm doing and tells me Ragan doesn't like it. She even cries with her because she's so concerned that something is wrong. Maybe she's not quite ready for the bows yet.
A Perfect Birth
No really, it couldn't have been any better. It was seriously the best experience ever. I had the best labor and delivery nurses ever. They were so sweet. Both about the same age as me and too cute. From the moment I walked to the desk to sign in they never left my side. Loved them! Even when they had nothing to do for me they were sitting either talking to me or watching the monitors. I was given the meds to start my labor and things were moving so fast they had to stop it so the anethesiologist could get there before it was too late. When I got the epidural I was able to take a nap. It was great. My doctor was in the building at the moment and decided to come check on me and I was ready to go. So they had to wake me up and she said "Oh, you better not cough, she's right here." Nate was down eating lunch so we called him and told him to run! He was in the elevator coming back when he got the call and was there withing 60 seconds and still almost missed it. Ragan was halfway here by the time he came in. I pushed 2 more times and she was out. My poor mom got stuck helping since Nate wasn't there. Sorry mom! It's not really her thing, but I think she decided it was neat to be able to watch. I checked into the hospital at 5:30 a.m. and had the baby at 1:06 p.m. It could have been alot sooner if the anethesiologist could have gotten there sooner.
The baby is healthy and mom is doing great. They let us come home the next day. I seriously feel like I didn't even give birth. I have pretty mild post labor pains and almost no other pain. I am so blessed to have such a perfect experience and a perfect little girl. She is so cute and such a good baby. She never cries. The one thing that has been kind of hard is getting her to eat. She's just not interested and doesn't want to wake up to eat. Other than that she's an angel. She's PERFECT!!




8 comments:
YEAH! I'm so glad she is here and that everything went so smoothly! That is awesome. She iS PERFECT! So tiny and cute! I can't wait to see her and hold her! Hope you recovery is as good as the delivery! You have beautiful girls..
Congratulations! I have been checking everyday for news. I am so happy for you all. I am glad you had good labor and delivery, that can be worrysome. We are so anxious for Jennifer, just about 5 weeks now. I hope I can make it there in time to be with her, but since it is her first we are not sure if she will be early, late, fast, slow, etc. Glad that baby Ragan is here, give everyone loves!
She really is a beautiful baby!
She's absolutely beautiful, and perfect!! I can't wait to see her, and hold her! I'm so happy for you guys, no matter how much I complain about you being spoiled,...someone has to tease you!! Congratulations! Love you, Cami
What a beauty! I wish I could be there to hold her. Yep, you're spoiled... (I can say that cuz I'm your big sis! But I love ya anyway!) Give Baby Ragan a kiss from her Aunt Wendy. Congratulations Beck!!
She's way cute! Soooo little! Cash seems so giant now. I think she looks a lot like Nate! Congrats!
Becky...she is so beautiful! Really, I am so not a nice person and usually think new borns are butt ugly. But Ragan is so dang pretty! Glad everything went well for you.
Congratulations Becky!! You have a beautiful family!!! Hope all is well!! :)
Post a Comment