Motherhood is both a reward and a gift. It can also be a challenge at times! Whenever I need a little mothering boost I don’t have to look too far!


It is easy to get caught up in the everyday grind of motherhood. The complaining. The whining. The battles. It is easy to let it consume our every waking moment. The days have been trying, no doubt. Some days all I can do is put it in survival mode. Trying to cope. Trying not to lose myself in the process. But then I am given a reminder. A reminder which slaps me in the face and forces me to re-examine my life. Today, it is just realizing how truly lucky I really am. Not just that I have these two precious girls, but that I was ABLE to have these sweet girls. Getting pregnant was not the easiest thing for me. After years 4 years, lots of visits to the doctor, surgery, the adoption process, and lots of prayer, I finally got pregnant will Elly! At first I remember being in denial, afraid to tell people, for fear it wasn't really true. Then there was shock, like "I can't believe I'm really pregant!" And of course the fear that I wasn't capable of taking care of another human being that would be 100% dependent on me. There is nothing you can do to prepare yourself for motherhood. You just have to learn as you go and take it as it comes.


Baby girl…I love you so much! I’ll never forget the overwhelming love I felt for you the day I found out I was pregnant with you, or the day you were born when I finally got to meet you. You are a miracle. But what is even more is that it is each and every day that I feel such a deep gratitude for you. As a toddler now, you are super sassy, ever so independent, a lot feisty and sometimes –SOMETIMES- a little unreasonable. You and me struggling to find a compromise. You exerting your independence and freedom and me trying to find a balance within some structure and cooperation. But I love every bit of you. Sass and all. You are a blessing to me. Never forget that. Love, Mom


Ragan, being your mom is the best Mother’s Day gift I could ever receive! After having Elly, I never knew it was possible to love someone so much. I thought it would be impossible to love another person as much as I loved her. You proved me wrong. I love you just as much. You guys have filled my heart with so much love. I just can't get enough of you. I think I could be content to just sit and hold you and stare at you all day long. I also can't get over how stinkin' sweet you are. I didn't think babies got any easier than Elly was, but once again you proved me wrong. (Sorry Elly) You are seriously as sweet as they come I think. And not to mention the most adorable baby ever! I love you baby girl! Love, Mama
There’s nothing in this world that compares to the love I feel for my children. There’s something magical in the way that no matter how bad things may seem, one look at their sweet little faces and everything is suddenly put into perspective. What matters most couldn’t be more clear…or more wonderful. They truly are my greatest gift.
I can't go without saying how wonderful my own mom is. There was time when she was just my mom that had rules and worried too much(my teenage years) but now I think she is awesome and the best friend ever. I think I drive her crazy because now she can't rid of me. I would rather be at my moms than home. Plus, my kids think she is the best. They love their Nana! I never thought I would grow up to be like my mom, but I think I kinda am and would have it no other way. After you grow up and have your own family, you realize all the crap you put her through and that she only wanted the best for you. So I just want my mom to know how much I appreciate her and thanks for putting up with me. I love you!
Sorry about all the mushy stuff. It's not typical for me, but hey, it's Mother's Day!
6 comments:
Thanks Beck! You're a great mom! But you will always be my baby Beck. You're right about Elly and Ragan--they are beautiful little girls--and they have a beautiful mommy! Love you, Mom
Wow Becky, What a sweet blog about the girlies and your love of being their mother. I can't beleive how big Ragan has already gotten. THey are so beautiful and you know, I've always thought you would be a fantastic mom. I remember when Kyla wrote all over your couches and you just smiled and said it would wipe off. I was so panicked that she had ruint them and that I would be purchasing you new couches and you were absolutely calm and not worried. That is the perfect example of the patience you have and that I need to practice more of. So glad you had a great mom's day. LOL
I think you're a great mom. I get pretty jealous sometimes that you get to stay home with them, but you do a great job. They're lucky to have you little sis!
That was sweet! I'm so greatful I get to be a mommy!
Okay Becky I have tears streaming down my face! That was such a sweet tribute to your little girls and to your mother. You are such a great mom and have two of the most adorable little girls! It's nice to just sit and think of how blessed we are as mothers every once in a while. It definitely gives us perspective! And the best of all...families are forever!
that was such a sweet post! you are so good at appreciating what you have! you have such cute cute girls!!
thanks for the scenty stuff.. i love it.. i have your pampered chef stuff and i will bring it by today!
Post a Comment