Sorry, I had to vent.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Stupid Peckers!!
I hate woodpeckers! So stinkin' annoying and impossible to get rid of. We have tons of woodpeckers that peck the crap out of our house. They leave huge holes and peck all the way to the studs. Usually they come in spring, but this year they didn't and we were so happy because we thought they finally left, but nope, it's fall, and they decided to come back. Every morning about 7:00 am and early evenings I hear them pecking away and I have to keep going outside to scare them away. They get under the eaves and under the porch, front and back, and all around. One time I went out to scare them away and like 5 or 6 flew away. Pretty soon there's gonna be nothing left! Maybe we cut down their trees to build and they're mad. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions for getting rid of them? Nates tried shooting them, but I guess he's not a very good aim. I read that if you put up sparkly party streamers around the house they don't like it. I'm sure the neighbors would love it. Maybe they'de think it was some kind of weird Christmas decoration. We need to to something though because they multiply each year and the repair bills to get someone to patch and re-stucco are adding up. Seriously annoying!
Sorry, I had to vent.
Sorry, I had to vent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Sorry, never had a woodpecker problem. They sound really annoying!
Crazy!! I can't believe their pecking your house!! Jeff's mom gets woodpeckers and he said they just shoot them. I guess if they can't get them with a 22, they go for the shot gun! Can't miss with that....just make sure all the neighbors are inside I guess. Good Luck!
Wow Becky. I can't believe they do that through your house when your sitting in the middle of an orchard, you think they would peck on a tree. I do have to tell you though, as soon as I clicked on your blog, I was really curious as to what it was about when I saw your title. Sounds like something Nate would scream. It was funny. Elly looks so beautiful with her straight hair. I love the black and white one that Krystal helped with. I would blow that up 100x and frame it huge. I know you hear this all the time, but she really does look so much like you. She is beautiful. Lots of love, amy
Ha!, Your problem sucks, but your post title cracks me up! That used to be my word...awful! Hopefully you can get rid of them soon!
Post a Comment