Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Day Just Like any Other

I've come to the sad realization that as you get older, your Birthday's aren't all about you anymore. Yesterday was just another typical day. I woke up around 8ish. Did my morning routine, picked up Nate's mess from the night before. I took it upon myself to buy some Birthday presents, so I got online. And well, I ended buying nothing for me, and lots for Elly. O'well, that's fun too. Normally, on Wednesdays I work at the Eagles Roost, but Missy worked instead. Thanks Sis. I went to the quilt ship in Pima where my mom works and had lunch with her. I was so bummed that I wasn't having an extraordinary day, so I called my friend Tia to go shopping. The sad thing was, we couldn't even think of anywhere to go! We really need some more stores here. We went to the Ginger Bread House, and of course, bought more stuff for Elly! Later that evening, we ate at Toni's Kitchen for dinner with the whole family, then came back to my house for cake and ice cream.
For my B-Day Nate bought me a bosch. OK, I ordered a Bosch for me, from Nate, but it's not here yet. I can't wait till it get here. Elly bought me a cake. She was so excited about it. Her and dad went to the store and she picked it out. Nate had to talk her out of the Cars cake. My mom gave me some money to go shopping with. Thanks Mom! Nate also gave me one our renter's rent checks to spend. That will be fun. What should I buy? Probably more stuff for Elly. Happy Birthday to ME!!

6 comments:

Becca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It is sad when you realize your birthdays are just another day. You got a Bosh though!! And since you got all that money you can come visit me we could shop, shop, shop. There are a few more options down here. That would be so fun!

The Bryce Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like a good bday to me - they just keep getting less organized/special as time rolls on, at least for me. You are going to love your Bosch! I love mine!!! Even my boys love the homemade bread and other goodies we mix up.

Maranda Whittle said...

Happy Birthday!!! You should have told me, I would have thrown you a party!!!!!

Sonda Bryce said...

Happy Birthday to you. You could celebrate the fact that you are not as old as me... he he! Take that money that Nate gave you and go spend it on you! You are definitely worth a celebration! I will celebrate at Toni's Kitchen with you any time I am down there. It is one of my favorite spots too!

Mary Ann said...

Happy b.day!! Birthdays really aren't that fun any more! I love my bosch! I am the same as you, if I want any presents... I have to buy my own!

Allred's said...

Becky, Sorry I missed your birthday and that it wasn't as fun as you were hoping for, but it is so true, as adults our fun juice starts to leak out of us. I have two girlfriends who just turned 30 and we partied hard and had lot's fun. Ate lot's of food, played tonz of games and let the kids run wild. It was super fun. Hopefully I will be able to make more fun of mine at 30. Love your background, super cute. How are you feeling pregnancy wise, hope things are going well. Lot's of Love, Amy