Sunday, October 21, 2007

A dating Story

1. Where did you meet your husband? In Howard's Trailor park. I was roommates with his sister Elizabeth. I had decided I needed to move out on my own, so I did. Across the fence.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband? umm, probably just "Hi" My first thought though. . . . hmmm, that's Liz's brother? The guy next to him is cute. Too bad he has a girlfriend.

3. Where was your first date? Well, it was kinda hard to go on an official date because I had a boyfriend/kinda fiance. Had a ring, not on my finger yet. We were making out before we had a first date. It was at the Drive-In in Globe. Nate was a very patient man while we were dating with the whole having a boyfriend thing, he put up with alot. I had two for several months. (up until we got engaged) One in town, and one out. Nate knew about the other guy, but the other guy didn't know. It got pretty sticky once in awhile. Anyway, very long story. I won't bore you with the details. It all worked for the best in the end.
(ignore the old school scrapbooking and crooked scan)

4. Where was your first kiss? In his bed. Sleezy, I know.

5. Did you have a long or short engagement? Short, about 6 weeks, I think.

6. Where did you get engaged? At the Drive-In in Globe. At the end of the movie, he had some guys hold up a big banner infront of the screen that said "Becky, will you marry me?" It was actually kind of awkward because I don't like attention focused on me, but I said yes anyway.

7. How was the honeymoon? Sad. We had a nice one planned, but it didn't quite turn out that way. I blame it all the Nate, because it was his fault after all. We planned on going to Cancun for a week to a nice resort, it was all payed for, not cheap. We went to the airport and Nate didn't have a state issued birth certificate with the state stamp on it. So they didn't let us on the plane. It was late at night, so there was nothing we could do about it. He was born in Colorado, so there was nothing we could do the next day anyway. We stayed the night at a Best Western and went to the mall the next day and played arcade games, then went home. All very romantic.

P.S. We were able to go on the honeymoon a couple of months later.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

You're posts always make me laugh! I can't believe you could hide 2 boyfriends! :) You are talented! Cute pictures. You guys are a great couple! Love the pictures of Elly as a witch. Too Cute!