Friday, January 23, 2009

My Thoughts and Feelings about the Issue

If you haven't read my previous post, read it first.

As I sat and tried to figure out what to write on my previous post, I just couldn't think of anything. I was at a loss. I would write a sentence and then erase it. I couldn't think of anything cute or clever to say so I just said it. So I will make another attempt to write about my feelings about being pregnant. I don't want to sound insensative or upset about it, but honestly I'm having a hard time feeling anything because it hasn't really sunk in yet. It's not that I don't believe it because I've had this feeling that I was pregnant since that one irresponsible night. I know exactly when it happened because other than that we have been preventing. Which brings up a whole other issue. I don't think I've ever journaled about this so here we go.

Getting pregnant hasn't always been the easiest for me (until now). We were married for 5 years before we had Elly. Not because I wasn't ready but because I couldn't get pregnant. I wanted to start trying the week after we got married even though we had agreed to wait a year. We went through the all the fertility stuff (Nate too) like taking the tempature for fertile days and all that good stuff and ended with surgery. Six months after surgery I was pregnant with Elly. I can't express how happy I was after going through month after month of heart ache. Ragan didn't take as long to come along but it took at least a year of trying to get her. I was worried about it being just as hard to get pregnant again as it was the first time, so when I found out I was pregnant again I was just so grateful to be able to have children. I struggled with my decision to prevent because of my history. I didn't want to go through preventative measures and then when it came time to try, not beable to get pregnant.

I have always wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30, but since we got a late start, I knew we would have to pop them out one after another. However, I changed my mind after Ragan. I just wasn't ready to start thinking about having another baby so soon. I don't know why, because Ragan is seriously the sweetest, easiest baby ever, and so was Elly. It was just me. I didn't feel like I could do it again so soon. So I decided to hold off for awhile. Which brings me to one irresponsible night.

You should probably stop reading now if you don't want to know the details. I just knew in the back of my mind that I would get pregnant if we didn't prevent this one time. I had a moment of uncertainty and getting pregnant is the result. I knew I wanted more children, but I wasn't sure that I was ready so soon. Well, now I don't have a choice and I am going to be super happy about it. I am really happy about it, I promise. As soon as it hits me it will become more real. I think one of the reasons it doesn't seem so real yet is because I don't feel any different. I haven't been sick, or gained any weight (I wish I could say I have), or had any cravings. The only thing that made me suspicious is that I have to pee ALL the time. I am getting up like 3 or 4 times a night. Can that happen so soon? So I took a test, a pee test, and it was positive. I really hope it was right, otherwise this will be very embarrassing. So there you have it, there's my story.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it will be another girl. Nathan really really hopes I'm wrong but I think he knows it's a girl too. I'll be happy either way. And so will he because he has no choice.

12 comments:

Mary Ann said...

oh my heck!! congrats! 3 girls are great, but i hope you get a boy! good luck with the pregnancy and i hope you don't get sick!

Jen and Allen said...

Im excited for you and hope that it continues to be a nice and easy pregnantcy.

Rachel said...

Sooooooo.........maybe you should give those fertility Gods to someone else!! My heck!! You will be fine. Having a 3rd child is wayyy easier than just 2. I promise. It's like everything changes and you just say OHhhh I can do this. Besides that you were commanded to multiply and replinish the earth soooo keep up the good work baby!

Binghams said...

Congratulations Becky! You know, you and I have very similar stories. We should talk some time. As you probably know, we are expecting our third too; however, we planned it. I know that the Lord has control of my life if I just but give it to Him. This is what the Lord has in store for you. Sometimes it takes a while to adjust, but then you know that's the way it was supposed to be. I am happy for you.

spice2116 said...

becky you are so awesome!!! i know you will do great with this third baby. i always wondered what it would be like to have fertility problems instead of getting prego so fast but like bingham said it all happens for a reason.

oh and three was much harder than two for me lol maybe it was just because they were all 19 months apart. either way it works out good luck

The Cash Family said...

all i can say is, i am glad its you and not me! JK!! bahah. no really though, i was reading it and thinking she took the words right out my mouth. that happened with our 3rd. and down the road you will be so glad he/she made her entrance when they do!

David and Tia Palmer said...

Dang Beck-don't spare us any details! J/K I really am happy for you guys! And you make the cutest kiddos so why not fill up your beautiful home with beautiful little kids! And having the third of ANY gender is great-it's like doing it all over again just with a new personality! You'll be great!

Wendy said...

You're an excellent mother and Nate's a super great daddy and your home will be blessed with this new little person, girl OR boy. I LOVED being pregnant (even though it wasn't very good for me) so I'm a little bit jealous. Here's praying for a healthy, happy pregnancy while keeping on enjoying those other two ADORABLE babies!!

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

Yay, GIRLY... we are so excited for you and your family... YIPPEEE. That is excellent news. Do you know when your due date is? Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Smiles,
Tamara

Allred's said...

Have you seen Marley and Me yet? Anyway, I thought it was funny when the dad picked up the mom for their 3rd child, she says , "meet your sister her name is colleen." and her son said, "i thought her name was woops, thats what dad said it was." anyways, kinda thought it was a funny line in the movie, but not in real life. You'll do so great. your a wonderful mom and must be living really good to be blessed so much!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky, congrats on the surprise! You guys make such cute kids :)

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

WOW... Congrats Becky!! What exciting news!! Good luck with everything...You have such cute kids you should have at least a dozen more :)