Friday, January 16, 2009

Just because

Warning: This is a long random, somewhat venting, post. And...probably boring.

This will be a totally random post. Why? Just because I feel like it. Nathan got home from Mesa yesterday. Well, actually EARLY this morning. He got home at about 3:30am. He was putting in some really long hours. They would wake up around 7:00am and usually work until 10-12:00 that night just so they could get it done and come home. Crazy. It's about an average of 15 hours per day. He did that for about 2 weeks. He's exausted. But do know what's even crazier? He slept for about 3 hours and got up this morning and went to work for a full day. Take a break dude!! You need it. I'm pretty sure he will collapse from exaustion if he keeps it up. Anyway, we are glad to have him home, except we really haven't gotten to see him yet.

Moving on...While Nathan was gone, we had some pretty rough days. Elly was super sad that her dad wasn't around and cried ALOT and Ragan was sick for a few days. She was constantly crying and would not let me put her down at all. I thought I was going to go crazy. I have never really known the true meaning of stress before these past couple of months. Everything was just building up. Why so stressed? Maybe I'll get into that some other time, like maybe when it's over and in the past. Or maybe I'll need another venting session soon and you'll here all about it.

While Ragan was sick, I wasn't quite sure what to do. We don't have insurance and everyone knows how expensive it is to go to the Doctor. I didn't want to take her if it was no big deal, but she just seemed to be getting worse. I finally decided I was going to take her the next day. When we woke up that morning, she seemed to be fine so I held off and she's been happy ever since. Yippee! So here are some pictures taken after she was feeling back to her happy self.
Playing peek-a-boo with Elly. It was too cute. (I think I say that alot.)
These are the big smiles I missed and I'm super glad she's feeling better.
Here's some more randomness just because I thought these pictures were cute. I love the way Elly is looking at me like, "Why do you always take my picture?"
And for the last of my rambling....Here's just some fun bath pictures. I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks so, but I think bath pictures are the cutest. Elly got a hold of some fun shaping foam (which I usually put out of reach) and used the whole can. Which is why I usually keep it out of her reach because I knew she would do just that. The water in the bath was no longer water. It was pure cream, but they sure had fun playing in it. It sure was a pain to clean out though because it was so thick it wouldn't go down the drain. I had to keep filling the tub up with water and letting it down little by little. O'well, at least it was some good, clean fun and I don't have to worry about it happening again because she used it ALL. What a mess.

4 comments:

JR and Steph said...

Those are some pretty CUTE pictures!! I think bath pictures are so cute too! I'm glad Ragan is feeling better. It is no fun to have sick babies.

Wendy said...

Man I am missing those girls! They just get cuter every day. Miss you too Beck!

The Cash Family said...

i love venting posts because it reminds us all that we aren't perfect! i have been stressed lately too, wonder if its in the air...

David Allred said...

Your girls are so beautiful and I am in love with all their hair. So sorry about all the stress. We've had some too and I can cur...stress stinks. But I believe the smiles and giggles of our little ones...the same ones that scream and cry at us and for us, is what carries us through. good luck this next little while. Your one tough cookie!!