We got to go to Logan and visit Nate's family this last week. We had lots of fun and more excitement in one week than we will probably have all summer. Warning, there's gonna be ALOT of pictures in this post.
Saturday - We missed our flight. My bad, but we caught one that went out a couple of hours later.
Sunday - Father's Day. It was nice that we were able to be with Dad Buhr for Father's Day. He really is a great dad! And....Ragan finally rolled over! Good job baby Girl!

Monday - Nate went fishing with Dad and we just hung out and played all day. Later, for family night we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows by the river. It is beautiful and green in Logan right now. The weather was fabulous.
Elly playing in the sprinklers on the trampoline with Uncle Caleb.
A group shot by the river. Some people left before we took a picture but here's who was left. Katie, Nathan and Ragan, Me (blah) Liz and Elly and Colter, Wendy and Carson, Dad and Caleb, and Nancy.
Just the four of us. Once again, blah! I hate pictures of myself. Maybe I should do something about that.

Liz and Colter and Elly
Tuesday or Wednesday - I'm drawing a blank, but I know there was some swimming and shopping with Liz in there. It was so nice to just hang out and chat. Oh, and Nate went fishing with Dad in the morning and took Elly later in the evening one of those nights. They caught tons of catfish.

Ragan with her afro. I don't think Ragan liked or hated swimming. She was just content. Never cracked a smile, but never complained.

Thursday - The Celebration Center. So much fun. There is a guy that lives in Logan that builds scary rides for amusement parks so he has just a little demo park of some of his rides.


The first one we went on was the sonic boom. This one was crazy. I don't think that first picture does it justice to how tall it really is. I think it's something like 370 feet tall. Longer than a football field and the tallest drop ride in the world. Anyway, it takes you up in this tube thing and drops you going over 100 mph. Intense! It seems like you are never going to stop falling and there is nothing to hold on to. I've been on lots of freefalling rides before but this one takes the cake. There is no brakes either. The theory is that as soon as you hit the cylinder thing the air pressure stops you. It makes a loud noice, a sonic boom, so you have to wear these silly headphones. I'm glad I did it, but once was enough of that one. Not really my favorite.

Me and Jenny on the fun swing thing. This was just a swing that went really fast and really high.


This picture was taken by someone underneath us. Once again, pictures do no justice.

I just thought this was a funny picture of Riley and Colter and the ride guy looking at them funny.

And this ride was my favorite, the sky sling. It will be kinda hard to explain but I'll try. It's kind of like a sling shot in a way. You start on the ground and it slings you really fast and high into the air. But the fun part is the suicide seats. They have the regular seats that you have the bars that go over your lap and shoulders but, there's two other seats that don't have them and you are just harnessed in. After it slings you in the air and you're free falling down, you're seats fly forward so you're looking at the ground. You feel like your sky diving and about to hit the pavement face first. Fun! In the picture above you will see Trent hanging on for dear life.=) He's funny.


ME and Nate on the suicide seats.
Elly found some rides she liked too. They had a huge indoor play area for the kids with some fun kiddy rides.


She loved the race cars. She was so cute on them. I'm pretty sure she thought she was the one driving them. She was so focused and turned the wheel around all the curves. Cute.
This crazy guy got hold of my camera. It's Trent. You're always guaranateed to have a good time with this guy around. He's the life of the party.
This is me going on the sky sling for the first time on the suicide seats. That's me waving in the back. Nate was too chicken. He had to work up to it in the normal seats. A little out of order, sorry. I don't feel like changing it.
Jenny, Katie, Shelly, and Keaton?

Liz and Colter. Crazy monkeys.
Friday - The Parade of homes. There was some really amazing homes, I can't even describe how amazing. I found my dream home. It's only 10,000 square feet. Now I just have to get Nate to build it for me. Ha! It will stay just a dream.
Saturday and Sunday - Get ready to come home and sleep all day. We are exausted! I am so thankful that my kids travel extremely well. Elly was just so excited to go on the airplane. She was so cute to watch. You could see the excitement on her face the whole time. She said things like "Look, we're up in the clouds" and "We're going way fast, I feel it in my tummy!" Ragan didn't make a peep at all, on the way there or on the way back. Elly did not want to go home. She just wanted to go see Nana and go back to Granpa's. She like having lots of kids to play with.
We really did have a great time. It was so nice to forget about everything at home and just have a good time. And of course like every other time we go to visit, we got spoiled rotten! Thank you Tom and Wendy for a fabulous week!
4 comments:
Wow!! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I would LOVE to go to that amusement park place...but I'd have to go by myself, Shannon hates those things! WEIRDO!
glad you made it.. looks like an awesome trip and i'm sure the weather was perfect! that rides sounds so fun, and a little scary! great pictures
Cool! I think maybe I've been to that place. Back in like 1990 and they had a bungee jumping tower and another fun swing ride. It could have been something else but it was in Logan and the scenery looks the same. Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the picture of Ragan with her fro.
love the new look of the blog, and especially Elly's hair...so cute and fuzzy. And wow, it looks like you guys had a blast. I am really looking forward to another vacation and your blog just made me a little more ansy. LOL
Post a Comment