Thursday, April 30, 2009

What to Do!?! Random rambling thought.

I have a dilemma and it's stressing me out, I mean seriously stressing me out. Now that I know what kind of baby I'm having, I'm itching to get a room done for this little bundle of joy. I know this sounds lame.....but where do I put her?? I just can't figure it out. They are all too young to put downstairs. My plan was to move Elly to the red room because it is the biggest room and too big for a nursery, but there is this bedroom set that I am in LOVE with but cannot find anywhere. It's the Pottery Barn Allie Dot/red and pink bedroom set. It's sold out and I can't even find it on ebay. They have random pieces but not the whole set. Except in a twin size, but I need a queen since I already have the bed.Plus Elly's room is set up so cute with a quilt Nana made with her name on it and her name on the wall that wouldn't go in the red room. I guess I could move Ragan to the red room, I don't have too much invested into her room that couldn't be moved. Just her cute pink and brown name. But is it fair to give her the biggest room over Elly? I even thought of putting two twin beds in the red room and having them share and putting the new baby in Ragan's room all set up the way it is(the pink room). Except I could only find one twin set and is 18 months (by the time the baby is born) too young to put in a bed? I think so. But then I could put Elly's room (the blue room) back together as my guest room. I have all the bedding for that, but I would have to leave Elly's cute furniture behind because it's queen.

So....should I just bite it on Elly's bedding and move her? Then have my mom make another quilt for Ragan =) for the blue room and put the baby in the nursery? (You know you love me mom.) But then again the problem of finding bedding for Elly's room. So far the only thing I've found that I like is sold out. Bah! I need to stop thinking about this, it's giving me a headache. Nathan said painting is NOT an option BTW. He also has issues about the holes I already put in the walls to decorate (long story) and changing rooms and making more holes. But wouldn't it be so cute if I could talk him into painting the pink strip across the top of the red room where it is currently tan? I'll work on that. I bet I could talk him into it. All it takes is telling him I'll do it myself. Then he'll be right on it. He's very picky when it comes to perfection. That's a good thing for a builder I guess.


Another issue I have is that I HATE the crib bedding that I have for Ragan. I don't mind the colors (Pink and Brown) but the bedding is crappy and won't stay on very good. Crappy and annoying. So I need to change it. I also want a new crib because all I've ever had is a hand me down. But then again, do I need to get another crib anyway? How much longer does Ragan need to be in a crib? Do I buy another one to use just for little while and THEN buy another bed? Oh what to do. OK I need to stop before my head explodes. I have so many other things going though my mind but am going to try and stop thinking about it. It might be easier if I didn't have any options.

Give me some advise people!!


Here's the nursery for reference.

7 comments:

Shelley & Scott said...

I think Elly and Ragan need to share a room and you need to leave the nursery a nursery for the new baby and then maybe just change your bedding. Sisters need to share so they can have those late night cuddles and talks. I really missed out on these and I'm so jealous of girls that have sisters close to them. They can have their own rooms when they're older. I'd leave your red room for a guest room and fit them in the blue room. It'd be a little squishy but they don't really need room to play because they have the playroom downstairs. And that blue room is so stinking cute and you could just add to it for Ragan. You could save Elly's bed for when she's bigger and put it in a downstairs room and just put twin beds or a bunk beds in there. For that matter it's a queen and they could just share the bed. That's even better for late night cuddling. Just my two cents.

Becky said...

Hmmm...I didn't think about that. I could get 2 more beds like the one I have but in twins instead. They were only $200. Then I could keep the other dresser and night stands in there. Except if there was 2 beds they wouldn't fit. That room is so small (almost too small for the queen that's in there). Having them share a bed isn't a bad idea either.

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

I do agree I love that pink, red and white bedding.. to darn bad it was sold out, right? It would look dang adorable if you painted that red room at the top pink and used that bedding if you could find it for two twins beds and put both girls in there and then use the pink room for the nursery. Good luck.
Smiles, Tamara

Jan H. said...

Now I have a headache from all the dilemmas. You are seriously spoiled-you know that right? Make a new quilt? You crazy? And I still really like the name Molly Jane.

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Reading this made my heart start beating faster with all the stress. That's what i hate about having a new kid where to put them and having to rearrange everything. Let me know when you start all this madness and I will totally come and help! Clayton keeps telling me he will take a couple days off so i could go do something by myself and this would be fun!

Your mom would SO make you another quilt, she'll pretent for awhile that she's putting her foot down and not going to do it, but she will! I like the idea of two beds in the red room and let them share.

Jason & Shannon said...

I agree with Shelley. When I was younger I loved sharing a room with Shari, until I was about 12 then it wasn't so cool. Plus that blue room is just too cute to let it go to waste.

Wendy said...

I think you're a brat...(but you know I love you, anyway, right? I'm just jealous)