Saturday, December 27, 2008

I won $10,000!!!!!!

Every year for Christmas it's kind of a tradition that we put lotto tickets in each others stocking. And guess what! I got a winning ticket. Can you believe! Me neither. I was in shock, I couldn't believe it. My mom and Aunt Trish showed up right at this time and they couldn't believe it either. Seriously, this kind of stuff never happens to me. Woo hoo!!

But do you know what is even more amazing!! I got another winning ticket for $5,000!!! Are you kidding me? What are the odds. I was in shock.The price of a lotto ticket, $1
The payoff for a winning ticket, $10,000
Being tricked into actually believing you won $10,000...PRICELESS!!
Yep, that's right people, my lovely husband bought me fake lottery tickets and I actually fell for it. How embarrassing. He really isn't a good person at all. It was such a cruel cruel trick. I was so excited. But in my defense I was thinking, "There has to be a catch, this can't actually be true." That just goes to show that if it's too good to be true, it usually is. I will admit that it was pretty funny and I wish I had found the fake tickets instead of him. Good one honey, but you better watch your back because I will return the favor.

11 comments:

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY!!! Thanks for sharing.

Allison said...

Oh my heck...what a little butt!! I would have totally fallen for it. I remember when we first got married and we got this thing in the mail saying we won a free cuise. David knew it was a stupid drawing if you filled out a survey...blah blah, but me on the other hand thought I won a cruise and he actually let me call to redeme it! YOu are really going to have to think of something really good...to get him back! I am excited to see what you have in mind!

Rachel said...

OHHHHHHH! He should be soooo dead. I would have been bawling I would have been so excited. Thinking the lord had heard my prayers and all..... send him over hear. He needs a good beating!

Rachel said...

OHHHHHHH! He should be soooo dead. I would have been bawling I would have been so excited. Thinking the lord had heard my prayers and all..... send him over hear. He needs a good beating!

The Cash Family said...

i thought you were tricking me at first and then i got really excited for you! and the first thing that came to mind was, is that gambling? :) hahah good one nate!

Maranda Whittle said...

Awww, that's so mean!

camilla said...

that's funny and mean! I have to admit, I was kinda hating you for a minute... lol

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

My first thought how much in tithing is that, and what would you tell your bishop!! J/K Nate is MEAN!! I would be pissed the rest of the day, but you have to admit that was a good one!! :)

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

OH my goodness.. I was so so excited for you guys. Then I got to the bottom and I felt so bad for you. I would be screaming my lungs out.. and dancing like a crazy woman around my house. You need to get him back really good for that one.

I am glad to see that your sweet kiddos really enjoyed Christams too.

Well, our blog is going private for now and I would like to send you an invite but I need your email address. Can you please email me at mowerszoo@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Tamara Mowers

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'd kill him. Fun story though - good one, Nate. You know what they say about paybacks....

Desiree said...

Awww...I was so excited for you at first. Then I realized what Nathan did...big trouble dude. Big trouble! hahaha.

By the way, I miss your face.

And also, I LOVED your Christmas cards. Seriously Backy, you amaze me. You are the ultimate woman.

Oh and I miss your face. That is all...