Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A couple more

I knew there was more Elly things I wanted to write but couldn't think of them at the moment so here's a couple more.

Another response to the word 'no'.
Elly: "Just be 'just kidding' mom."

When Elly is doing the pee pee dance or whenever we leave the house to go somewhere and I tell her to go potty she says "But I did already" "No you didn't, go again." "But I did Saturday."

Saying this kid is seriously obsessed with "tickling my hair" is an understatement. She ALWAYS has to be playing with my hair. When she goes to bed, watches cartoons, or when she is within reach she is touching it. Even when we are driving down the road. She has been known to throw the biggest fit while driving down the road because she wants to "tickle my hair". She never took a binky or had a favorite blanket ot toy. Her security blanket has always been my hair.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

this girl makes me laugh! hanna is obsessed my my hair too.. i used to love it, but now i'm a bit sick of it! i'll have to use elly's advice on other ways to say no! :)

The Meehl Family said...

Maddie used to do this too...now she does it toher own hair to sleep...I still love it!

Maranda Whittle said...

Dylan is OBSESSED with my hair. He always has to be playing with it. He's been that way since he was a baby and always had to play with my hair while drinking his bottle. And like Ellie, when we were in the car once(about 2 yrs ago)he got mad because he couldn't play with my hair in his carseat while I was driving! And now, at 4 yrs old... he still loves my hair and it's getting ANNOYING!!!!!!

camilla said...

That is funny, the "just be kidding mom". A few weeks ago, Lily was asking me if she could do something her dad already told her no to. And I said, "what did dad say?" and she said, "he said no" and I said, "Well if dad said no,I say no, because we are on the same team". And lily says, "well, if you're on MY team you'll say yes. So be on my team". Have 3 year olds always been this smart? It's ridiculous!