I woke up early this morning to get ready for Ragan's appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. We were going to see what our next plan of action is to get her hand fixed. I ended up having to take Mallory with me also because I couldn't find a babysitter. Traveling with a 2 year old and a 10 month old isn't always the easiest when you go it alone. Luckily I did not have Elly.
I arrived about 10 minutes late to my appointment because I got off track from the way I usually go and got a little lost. Luckily I found my way in a round about way. Tucson is weird. I guess I was a little later than I thought. More like 24 hours and 10 minutes late. Are you freaking kidding me!! Grrrr, I was so frustrated. The Dr. wasn't even in the office, so I couldn't wait around for them to get me in. I can't believe I drove all that way on the wrong day! The desk person was mean too. Boo to mean people. I guess he doesn't like stupid people. But a little sympathy would've been nice! He was annoyed at me and kept grumbling at the computer trying to find a new date.
That was just the beginning of my bad day. Next stop....Costco. For one, Mallory cried the whole time we were in Costco. She never cries. Usually when we go to the store she just smiles at everyone around her. Well, I guess she still did that.....but cried in between. Anyway, I rushed to leave. As I'm walking up to my car I started it from the clicker so it would cool off while I load up. Super nice feature, by the way, I love it. Especially in AZ when you have kids and hot car seats. Ragan climbed in through the back and got in her seat while I loaded. I closed the hatch only to find I couldn't find my keys anywhere! CRAP! Only logical answer. I just locked them AND my kid inside. Double CRAP! In the meantime Mallory is outside with me, hot, hungry, tired, and SCREAMING. I go over to Ragan and start trying to get her to unlock the door, role down the window, anything! She just got a blank look on her face with a snotty smile and shook her head no. She was lucky she was behind a locked door because I was SO frustrated. I probably stood there for 15 minutes yelling "Ragan, can you push a button!" "Ragan I need you to start pushing buttons, Mommy can't get in." and so on and so on. Meanwhile the car shuts off. If you don't put the keys in the ignition it shuts off after awhile. I am just glad it was on for a little while and she climbed into a cool car rather than a hot car. It made a world of difference. After no results from Ragan, I called Nate and asked "What the crap am I supposed to do?" He told me I had to call for help. "Who do I call? I don't have any phone numbers." "You have to call 911! You can't leave her in there for very long." Dang, I felt so dumb having to do that. But I did of course. I had 3 or 4 people standing around trying to help. There was a pediatrition that kept telling me we need to get her out now. It doesn't take long to get to a dangerous temperature in 105 degree weather. He said he couldn't pick locks, but he could break a window.
After I called 911 Ragan finally started pushing buttons. I think she finally started to realize it wasn't funny and she was getting hot. She pushed every button except for the right button. Since the car shut off, the window buttons wouldn't work anymore. I don't know if it was sweat, or my sensative watery eyes, or if I was crying. Probably all of the above but there were definately tears runnig down my face. It only took the firetruck about 3-5 minutes to show up. Wow, that was quick. It's something they take seriously. The firefighters must have needed something to do because there were 5 of them. All working on each door to try and get in. Apparently my car is hard to break in to. But of course they succeeded. Thanks you Tucson firefighters! You saved the day! Once they got the door opened we couldn't unlock the back without the keys because the alarm was going off so one of them crawled in back and started digging through everything to find my keys. Funny. They were SO nice and sweet to Ragan. One of them even came around and buckled her in for me while I got Mallory in. Dang, I'm an idiot.
Wow that was a long story to tell how I locked my kid in the car and that the firemen had to come get her out. I just did it one sentence! I guess I can get a little winded.
When I got in my car I tried to decide whether I should just call it a day and go home or do a little shopping to make my Tucson trip worthwhile. I decided to stop at my favorite store, HomeGoods. When I go out to my car and open my hatch, my Costco stuff splattered all over the ground. Strawberries roled everywhere and my apple pie upside down. Bah! Anyone who has ever had a Costco apple knows how tragic that is, ha ha. Soooo yummy. Time to go home!
One more stop. Lunch. We are all starving. I decided I needed a frosty to make it all better so we went to Wendy's. I got the food and headed on my way. I didn't discover they didn't give me any straws or spoons until I got on the freeway. How annoying. No frosty for me.
Time to get the heck outta here and go home! I just needed to make one stop in Benson to pick up some fabric for my mom from a store there. Easy, right? Not for me! Who'da thunk it would be so hard to get to Benson? I don't think it is supposed be that hard, but it was. Did you know there are like 3 exits that say Benson? First I thought I went too far so I turned around only to discover I didn't go far enough so I turned back around. So I got off on another exit and thought it was wrong again so turned around again, only to find out later it was the right one, I just went the wrong way. Finally I got the right one. Third times a charm! Ha. Or maybe it was more like 4 or 5, I don't know. It sure is frustrating to do circles on the freeway and not know where the heck you are.
But alas, we made it home, safe and sound. Only problem is....now my car won't start. At least we made it home first. I probably would have had a breakdown if I broke down in Tucson.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Oh soooo sorry Im glad you made it home before the car stoped all together. I hope its the worst day ever for your whole life and you never have to do that or anything like that again.
Oh my gosh Becky!! I cannot believe the day you had. I am glad you guys made it back ok. In time, it will be a good story to tell and you will laugh about it all :) Hopefully today you can just relax and enjoy your day!!
Bekcy, I am laughing so hard I can barely type!!! What a rough day! Totally sounds like something I would do...or have done! Thanks for the laugh! love ya!
O MY HEAVENS!! My heart was racing while reading this...I would have sat on the ground and cried, while yelling "I QUIT"!!! I would have made Clayton come pick me up. Glad you finally made it home!! LOVE YA!
PS never had an apple pie from costco but now I want one!
I don't know if anyone will be able to "one up" that story! Glad it worked out! Your family is just so beautiful!!
Post a Comment