Sadly, Ragan's hand didn't heal very well and we are going to have to do surgery. She is scheduled for Surgery on May 12th, so it's not over yet. I am getting anxious to get it fixed. It botheres her and causes her pain. Everytime she falls or hits it against something she cries. It's hard to explain how it healed without seeing it, but I'll try. They call it a scar contracture. She can't open her hand because of the way it healed. Her fingers are bent, kind of like it's webbed. So everytime she does something that causes it to stretch, it hurts her. Sometimes, if she falls on it hard enougn, it breaks open and bleeds. So yes, even though it's going to be hard putting her through surgery, I can't wait to have it over with and fixed. The Dr. said it may take two surgery's. Let's hope not. I'll update after the surgery. Hopefully everything goes great and she has a quick recovery!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Hand Update
Going back to these pictures makes me sick. I did a post back in January about Ragan's treadmill accident. I never posted again after that, so here are some more pictures.

The first two pictures are two weeks after the accident and the one below is four weeks after the accident. It took a long time to heal.
Looking at these picture makes me so sad. Poor baby. I feel so bad that it even happened and try not to blame myself. But really, it's hard not to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Those pictures are horrible...poor, poor baby. Hopefully they can correct it with just one surgery, has gone through enough. So sorry you have to deal with that. When is her surgery?
Oh my heck, I can't hardly look at it...I just scroll past the pics to read the update! I hope the surgery goes well, I am definitely going to keep her in my prayers. Its so hard to have your kids in pain!!
Post a Comment