Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Confessions

So I usually post about the funny things my kids say and do. This time I'm going to post a few of the funny things I do sometimes, just to keep it fair. Stupid might be a better word. I can't believe I'm about to admit how ditsy and spacey I can be.

The other day when it was raining and muddy outside the kids had escaped from the house. I had a few kids over. Eight under the age of 4 to be exact. Anyway I went outside to yell at them to get back in because I didn't want them to get muddy and then come track it through the house. I caught Elly right before she was about to venture out into the mud and told her to get back inside. I then asked her in what might have been a heated voice, "Now where's Ragan!" She kind of looked at me funny. Actually she looked at me like I was crazy and wasn't quite sure how to answer the question. She pointed at me and said, "right there." I looked to my side and behind me. Not there. So I ask her again, "where!" She then replies, "mom your holding her". Oh, yep there she is. Ha ha. It's true, I'm pretty much losing it. I'm pretty sure that's one of those hereditary defects.

Another time, probably around the same time because I remember that it was raining again, I went to my moms to pick up my kids. I loaded Elly and Ragan and then went back for the baby. I loaded Mallory and got in the car. The passenger side if you wanted to know. I just sat there waiting for.....what? Good question. Elly says, "What are you doing mom?" Ummmm, I don't know. Realizing what I did I got out and got in the driver side because we could have been sitting there a long time since I was alone! Sheesh. I felt really stupid even though there was no one there to witness it, except my kids of course.

I do equally stupid ALL the time. It's really going to be scary if I'm doing this kind of stuff in my 20's to imagine what I'm going to be like at 50. Heck, at this rate, 30's aren't looking that promising either. My kids are going to have a lot fun making fun of me in their teenage years.

8 comments:

The Bigler Family said...

That was LOL funny, Rhonni had to ask what I was laughing about. So I told her "Becky is funny!" Love you, Becky.......

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

That made me laugh out loud!! The Ragan one...hillarious! Your losing it girl. :)

Jan H. said...

ummm--that is scary because you remind me so much of me! Remember all those times you thought I was losing it? I'm you in 25 years babe! Love ya! Mom

The Walter's Family said...

You are not alone let me tell you my mind is shattered it seems like. For example the other night I was on my phone with Mitzi and she asked me for a phone number to one of the orders and I was looking all over for my phone duh I was on my phone. I'm pretty sure Mitzi was thinking I'm nuts. Oh well I just laugh at myself.

Desiree said...

Hahaha...thanks for the laugh. I miss those spacey Becky moments. I'm having pregnancy brain, so I can relate. But it is funny that Elly notices already. She's so going to think you are crazy! And does your mom know you said it was hereditary? I bet she would like to defend herself. :)

Allred's said...

I am laughing so hard. You crack me up!!! Dave has been gone a bit more lately and I went to put gas in my car this last week, something I personally haven't done in ages because Dave always does it for me and it took me 3 different pumps before I actually figured out how to put gas in.

Anonymous said...

Now those were funny!!! I had a laugh out loud moment too!! I can see why you and Stacey are such good friends...she's right there with ya.

Kris Ann

The Welker Family said...

That totally made me laugh out loud! I mostly laughed because I do the exact same things. I'm telling you, those babies suck our brains out.
I love your sleepless nights post too. I totally had one of those last night. They are enough to make you CRAZY!!!