Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Journaling

I haven't been blogging the small things in life lately and that's usually the things you forget and want to remember. I'm going to be better about blogging again. It may be boring to you but I would like to remember some of the small things that are going on in my life.

Nathan has been gone for a week now working out of town. We have one more week to go until he plans on coming home. Which usually means add a couple of days to that. Although single motherhood isn't all that fun, we are very thankful for the work.

I have been trying to adjust to having three kids. It's definitely a lot harder. I have yet to go to town on my own with all three. I am trying to avoid it because I know how much fun it will NOT be. Plus all this flu stuff going around makes me nervous to take the baby out. We don't need the flu around here. Yuck.

Elly is growing up so fast. She's loving preschool. She is so smart. I think she is anyway. She seems to catch on to things pretty quickly. She's a big helper to mom with the baby and loves Mallory to pieces. We had to cut out some of her extra activities like gymnastics and dance this year, but we hope to get her back in them soon because she loves it so much. She's such a cute little girly girl.

Ragan is a character. She is always making me laugh. Other people see her as a quiet little girl with looks to kill, but at home she is so fun. She's definitely not a people person but she is starting to come out of her shell around people she's getting comfortable with. Up until now she has had nothing to do with Papa but she's starting to come around. She is Elly's little shadow. She tries to copy everything Elly does and says. She's still not talking very good but she's starting to try. She leads me around the house pointing to tell me what she wants. When I finally find what she wants she yells, "DAT!" It's pretty funny. She is pretty stubborn too and can be a little naughty. I need to find a new way of discipline because spanking does not work for this kid. It doesn't even phase her. She just says "ow" in a bored kind of way like she's mocking me. Just yesterday when she was doing something she wasn't supposed to and wouldn't stop I asked her if she wanted a spankin and she walked over to me, turned around, and lifted her shirt. What a little turd! Good thing she's so stinkin' cute.

Mallory is growing so fast. She's already over two months old. She is the best baby and doesn't cry much, but she sure will let you know about it if she wants something. She's pretty spoiled, oh, I mean "well loved". She likes to be held and cuddled. That fine, because I sure love to hold and cuddle her. She is so happy! All you have to do is pay a little attention to her and talk to her and she will give you the cutest, gummiest smiles. I'm so in love with this little girl. I just have to kiss her and smell her and squeeze her all day long.

That's pretty much what we've been up to lately. Nothing! Just staying home, making a mess of the house, and loving our babies! Oh ya, and going to Nana's. We wouldn't want her to miss us by staying away more than a few hours at a time.

3 comments:

kristal said...

We sure appreciate your hsuband's work too. HE's doing fantastic! WE're impressed and excited. And I'm living your life pretty much. I just snuggle a baby all day and go visit grandma and grandpa at least once a day so they don't miss us too much. 3 was a hard adjustment for me too...VERY HARD, but 4 is easier...at least for me... so get that little boy going in the next year or so.

Rachel said...

Hey I like learning more about ;your kids. I miss them and you too. So keep up the good work!

The Welker Family said...

This all sounds way too familiar to me :) I don't blame you for not wanting to attempt shopping with all three. I keep doing it and then on the way home I'm always thinking "why the heck did I do this??" Regan and Abby are going to be good friends some day I can tell.. Abby is a total stinker like that, but so cute too:)