Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor and Delivery

It's time to post some better pictures so you guys can all stop giving your courtesy comments about how cute Mallory is. Seriously people, no baby is cute all gooed up just out of the mama's belly.

I guess I'm going to have to brag a little bit about my labor and delivery. I don't think there is any way it could have been any easier. We got to the hospital a little after 7 am. They started me on pit around 9ish and my contractions started about an hour later. I got an epidural soon after the contractions started so I was a little uncomfortable for only a bit. The doctor came in and broke my water after the epidural and I had her at 2:38 pm in one push! Well...kind of.
The nurse came in and checked me and said I was complete. "You mean, like, ready to push?" "Yep!" I was surprised it went so fast. She told me not to push and hurried to call the Dr. The doctor came in shortly after and checked and said "There's the head" and quickly got ready. There was a young student guy following her so he was there for the delivery also. Not my first choice to have a young 20ish looking fellow with earings all up in my business if ya know what I mean. Anyone that knows me very well, knows I've never been any good at saying no when asked if it's ok. Anyway....the doctor said we could probably get her out in push so I started to push but she stopped me right away. I could tell when things were getting a little scary when she asked the young guy for a clamp and he was fumbling quite a bit and was dropping stuff. Plus, when I asked what was going on they didn't answer me. Luckily that didn't last long. The cord was wrapped so tight around the baby's neck that she couldn't even get a finger under it. She quickly cut the cord and had me push her the rest of the way out. Poor Nate was so sad he didn't even get to cut the cord. {sarcasm in case you didn't catch it}



Oh, hello! How tall are you?


Proud daddy....of 3 girls!!


Getting a little tired of waiting to go home.

We got to go home the next day. They made us stay at least 24 hours. I must admit I got a little impatient because I felt no need to stay but I am pretty lucky that we got to come home so quickly. The only thing that held us up was that Mallory wouldn't poop. So 26 hours later she did and we got to come home. The girls were so excited to see us. Next post.
Ok, now you can tell me how cute she is.

7 comments:

kristal said...

She is FREAKING adorable, and I'm glad everything went so smooth and easy. Sounds just like my Kam's delivery, the pit, breaking water, and one push...no 20 year old earring boy or cord around the heck, but she was so easy. Boston on the other hand...ug! I'm hoping for another Kam like delivery.
Cute baby, post more pics soon!
Congrats!!!!

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

She is VERY cute, even all gooy. Did you pack karrow syrup to put the bows in her hair? Why in the world was the nurse holding her up by the feet? How mean! Glad it was such an easy delivery. Those are the best! I want to plan a trip to come see her.

Jen and Allen said...

Yea! I hope mine goes that well. Congrats again.

Desiree said...

Thanks for not having a horror story, so that I'm not even more scared of labor! :) I so hope mine aren't a nightmare!! Send some good vibes my way!! Mallory is just adorable. You two make some beautiful babies! Congrats and I'm glad you are doing well!

Cami said...

Yes, she is absolutely adorable, I'm predicing she'll look like Ragan. And yes, you're spoiled. Has anyone ever told you that before? Can't wait to meet her!

Mary Ann said...

She is so so perfect! So happy all went well and that she is here! Seems like your pregnancy went by fast.. at least for me! I bet your other girls are loving the baby! Enjoy.. they grow up too fast.. my baby is already 8 weeks old! She's beautiful Becky.. congrats

Sonda Bryce said...

So I am a little slow on checking blogs... CONGRATULATIONS! She is so dang cute! Can't wait to see her in real life. I will try to stop by next time we are in town. You look amazing in the hospital. No one should look that good after having a kid. Way to go girlie!