Thursday, March 19, 2009

The best idea ever

So back in February (yes, I've been a totally lame blogger lately) I had the best idea ever. I called Nate and told him to come home from work early so we could take the Arctic Cat to Fry Mesa and go fishing. When you mention fishing to Nate, that is the only thing that will make him drop everything and go. Seriously, there is nothing else you can say to talk him into coming home from work early. He wanted to just go to Cluff Ponds but I insisted on taking the Cat to Fry Mesa. I guess you could say it turned out be a bit disastrous.

The trip up was so intense for me. I have turned a little paranoid since having children. Nathan was going a little too fast for my liking and it was soooo loud that I couldn't even yell at him and it was way bouncy. There are no seatbelts and Elly was in the back and Ragan was on my lap. I was so worried that Elly was going to bounce out. So FINALLY we get there and eat our lunch and Nathan starts rigging a pole and breaks his tooth on the fishing line. Oops. It was late afternoon Thursday and dentist offices are closed on Fridays. After making a few calls, everyone was at least 2 weeks out. He really didn't want to wait that long with a broken front tooth. Thanks to the rescue of my Aunt Lori, she was able to find someone to take him. Hallelujah.

Our trip down was equally intense but funny. The ice chest was next to Elly and it kept bouncing and hitting her in the head. She tolerated it for a bit then finally got pretty mad. All the sudden she started crying REALLY loud. We stopped thinking she was going to complain about one of the treacherous conditions we were in but she screamed, "I don't want to ever go fishing here again!!" It was so funny. Maybe it's a "had to be there" moment but it was hilarious.

Anyway, we finally made it home after losing a couple of Nathan's good fishing poles and he made it to the dentist to get his tooth fixed. Thanks goodness. I guess it turned out to be a not so great idea after all. He didn't even get to fish because we just had to turn around and come home as soon as we got there. Nate says I'm bad luck because whenever I go fishing with him something bad happens so I can't go with him anymore. I'm perfectly ok with that because have I ever montioned that I HATE fishing?


Nathan was a good sport to let me take a picture because he knows when I ask him if I can take a picture, it will show up on the blog.

5 comments:

Kristal said...

That's freaking hilarious! You're a good wife for mentioning a fishign trip...wait, I'm a good wife too. I mentioned a camping trip, but that's because I'm desperate to go anywhere! UGH! Um, and trips to Fry Mesa...don't get me started. I think I had my first heart attack going up there for the first time, it was with Jason and Scott John in Scott's brono and I was soo scared because the bronco was going all over the place so I was screaming (probalby a lot like Elly) and finally Scott stopped steering and got in the back...NO ONE WAS DRIVING, but the bronco was going...I freaked out and got behind the wheel and stopped it. UGH! I hate fry mesa! ok, nevermind, good memories are there too. Anwyay, is this your blog or mine?! haha! Oh, hey, and I'm glad you're a bit ahead of me in the baby thing, so maybe for once in our lives you'll be bigger then me for a month or so. haha! (probably not since I give birth to baby whales!)

The Cash Family said...

Oh the good ol' fry. That sucks about his tooth! While I was reading it I could picture it all in my mind, so funny!

Wendy said...

Nice bite Nate! I've never actually been to Fry Mesa. I don't like fishing either. I don't get it....

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

I'm always trying to find ways for Clayton to come home early from work - but FISHING! Never would that come to mind, i hate everything about it - boring. You should just call him and tell him that you are wearing ...... i'll stop there this is a family site! :)

Desiree said...

Stacey would say that...gosh. So my husband isn't the only one swayed with comments like that? I guess I'm not surprised.

Tell Nathan to drink some more milk. In a fight, teeth should beat fishing wire. I'm just say'en...

:)