Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break

Alpine


We had a busy Spring Break but it was alot of fun. We started at Alpine as a last minute decision. I was talking to my brother on facebook chat and he asked if we wanted to go the next day. We said sure and packed up the next day. We went with JR and Steph and Aaron and Lehua Dodge. I felt a little like the little sis tagging along with the big brother but hey, what are little sisters for. Right? Thanks to the Dodge's we stayed in a super nice cabin. It was nice to just lounge around and not really have an agenda. Elly had lots of fun playing with Laela and Kylee, and Ragan was super good the whole time and slept alot. The girls playing in the loft.

Elly and Laela spent alot of time playing in the snow.
Ragan so cute all bundled up. I actually managed to get a quick picture without the binky.


but it didn't last long.


We took the girls for a CAT ride and they hated every second of it. Seriously screamed the whole time so it didn't last long. Except Kylee, she was fine.


Daddy and Ragan sledding. She didn't like it much. Elly wouldn't even consider it of course.



St. George

The day after we got home from Alpine we had to pack and get ready for St. George. We stayed the night at the condo in Mesa one night then tackled the long drive the next day. The kids did really well. Fortunately they travel very well. We look forward to St. George with Nathan's family ever year. It's a beautiful city and has great shopping. My favorite part. We didn't do much this time rather than hang our and swim. It was nice.
This picture cracks me up. I wish I could sleep sidways and not have it bother me. It would make traveling for me so much better.

Elly spent most of her time at the pool (not in) with cousin Rhonni. She did get brave enough to walk out to middle of the kiddy pool after awhile that went up to her waist. What a proud moment. We took Rhonni with us on this trip and it was so nice to have her to help with the kids.


Ragan didn't enjoy swimming much either, but she thought it was the greatest thing ever to sit on the side and kick her feet. Whatever makes her happy makes me happy.

Nathan's step sister Katy got married on the red rocks while we were there.
These are some DI shirts we found. How cute they all match. Grandpa, Joe, and Ian

Grandpa and Grandma and Uncle Caleb.
Just the girls. Top: Sarah, me, Wendy, Missy, and Jenny
Bottom: Ali, Shelley, Katy, and Anna

5 comments:

Jade said...

It looks like the trip was a success!! I am glad!!!

Maranda Whittle said...

Wow, that's a lot of traveling, good things your girls do good!

Aaron and Lehua said...

Thanks for comin to the cabin. It was fun! I'm having an Arbonne get together fri @ 11 if you and Steph want to come.

Desiree said...

What a great trip. I bet you were ready to be home by the end. I was in St. George about 6 months ago. My great aunt lives there. But I didn't get any shopping in...where is all this great shopping? I'll have to hit it up next time.

Stacy, Trae, Parker, and Ella said...

Looks like you had fun! Your girls are so cute!