Nana: to Elly, "Maybe we'll come back and buy it later."
Mom: "It's o.k to tell her no"
Elly: With the dirtiest look she could come up with, tells me "Don't tell me NO!" and back to Nana, "I want that mermaid purse Nana."
We were both laughing just by the way she said it and the way she looked at me, like, how dare you tell me no. Well, all day she kept bugging me about this purse and kept bringing it up to Nana. The first thing she said when she woke up the next morning was "Let's go get my purse mom" and "let's go to Nana's, she'll get it." She was NOT going to forget.
Later that day I dropped Elly off at Nana's for a little bit while I had an appointment. She says to Nana very sneakily "Let's go Nana, just you and me, Moms not here." (or something to that effect, I wasn't there)
So, in case you're dying to know.... Did she get the mermaid purse?
Well of course she did. Is it even a question? Nana couldn't resist. She claims it's her job to spoil them and then send them home. Thanks Nana!
p.s. Elly talked her into this shirt too. She had to have it.




5 comments:
Oh that's too funny! Sounds like my parents. They spoil Dylan waaaay to much! And danget, we're gonna to miss the blessing. We're going to ShowLow this weekend. Hope everything goes well and she doesn't cry through it all! I'm sure it will be nice.
Oh my goodness, do you ever wonder if your parents love your kids more than they love you? Well I don't have to wonder, I know, because we go through the same thing. In fact, I remember asking for everything under the sun and being told no, yet my girls are told "yes, yes, yes" over and over again. So I can totally relate to this one. Ragan, is adorable and I love all her hair. Lot's of Love, amy
so funny! what a fun grandma! at least it's her money not yours! :) that's what grandmas are for!
How funny!! Sound like thats what all grandmas do because my mom is the same way with my kids! But whats bad is they never remember what you gave them just what grandma did!!! Oh well =)
You have been tagged. check out my blog for details
Post a Comment