The time has come to actually blog about the second half of our 10 year anniversary trip to Canada. It was like, almost a year ago now so I won't remember much. I'll try.
So anywho.....Eventually we found the temple and wanted to do a session. It was closed. Bummer. So we went back into Toronto and tried to check out the city by ourselves, but it was too hard. We gave up and went back to our condo. Super long, frustrating day. Oh, and on a our way back there was this amazing amusement park we wanted to go to. Everyone talked about how amazing it was. But ya, it was closed too. I guess in the fall they only open on the weekends. Bummer again. So let's just forget this day ever happened. But I am glad I can at least say I saw the Toronto temple.
The next day we actually decided we would take a guided tour of Toronto. We didn't want to dish out the money to do it, but it was worth it. We took a bus from our condo. I think it about 1 1/2 hours to get into Toronto. The first attraction was Fort York.
Our super goofy guide. He was a little, ok alot, cheesy.
I was trying to take a picture of the barracks and this silly looking dude got in the way. I know, he's a little creepy. Someone should tell him he should lose the stash.
To be honest....I wasn't that interested. I know, shocker. I don't think I even paid attention, but I'm sure it was super interesting. I think it had something do with a war between Canada and the U.S. Oh geeze, I should stop typing because I'm sure it makes me sound really dumb. Oh well, anyone that knows me, knows I have no interest in history. If I ever have any interest to learn about the place I went, I'll google it.
Next stop.....CN Tower.
This was my favorite attraction. The CN Tower is THE tallest building in the world. The whole world! Pretty cool right? See! I can pay attention. Not really, I just googled it. It is 1, 815 feet tall. That's tall.
The glass floor was pretty cool. This is at 113 storeys.
The tour also included lunch at the revolving 360 restaurant. That was also super awesome. I'm going to say it took about 15-20 minutes to make a complete 360.
View from the lookout level. 114 storeys.
Last stop.....Casa Loma. Even though I didn't really pay much attention to the istory of this house, it was pretty freaking amazing.

This was some really rich dudes house. It is over 170,000 square feet. That is huge. He built the generating plant at Niagara Falls. Among many other things. Eventually he lost everything and the city now owns the house due to back taxes. It was abandoned for a long time and homeless people lived there. Eventually it was restored. They were actually still doing restoration work when we toured it. I especially like the secret passages that you are actually allowed to use. Nothing is off limits at the castle. It has towers and tunnels, and all sorts of cool things. There is an 800 foot underground tunnel that lead to the stables. That was cool, and creepy. We climbed up one of the towers. That was a little creepy too. Which is right up my alley. I like creepy

This is the Oak Room. This room is famous for being in a lot of movies. The only one I remember is X-men.
Anyway, tons of amazing things and pictures. It would take me all night to post them all. It was a good day. I'm glad we did the tour. It is a must if you go to Toronto.
Our last day there we did zipline/obstacle course through the rainforest. Looking back on it, it was fun. You know, one of those things that isn't fun while you're doing it, but it was fun after your done? It was definately a work out and I was sore for days. It was absolutely beautiful.
The end.




2 comments:
Glad to see you back on here.
I bet you're glad to finally post all of that!
Post a Comment