Carriage Hills Resort somewhere in ON, Canada. When I say "somewhere in Canada" that means in the middle of nowhere, we later found out.
So off to Canada we go! We flew in to Buffalo New York on Saturday night because it was way cheaper and we had to rent a car anyway so we decided to drive over the border. What an adventure! Driving in a foreign place, not knowing where the heck to go. Ha. One thing I will advice you not to do is try driving over the border with Nathan. I won't go into to detail but just leave it at that he knows exactly what NOT to say when you're trying to get into another country. Geeze. We ended up having to call our resort from the border to prove that we were staying there. I had to shut him up and do the talking. Good times.
So after finally getting into Canada successfully we stayed the night in Niagara Falls since we flew in really late. We walked down to the falls and checked out Niagara at night. Our hotel was really close.
Much, much more amazing and beautiful in person.
The next morning, Sunday, we went back, got up close and personal, and did the Maid of the Mist tour.
American Falls
Niagara Falls
I loved the Falls. I wish we would have spent more time there since that was the whole purpose we chose our vacation spot. However, this was the only time we spent there because I didn't realize our resort was 2 1/2 hours away. Oops. Maybe Nate should plan the next vacation. After the tour we drove to the resort, um, in the middle nowhere. Seriously. I think the population of the town we were in was like 11. Not really, but super small. A tiny little grocery store, a gas station, and a couple of family owned restaurants. That's it. That made it easy to decide where to eat! It was really beautiful and the leaves were starting to turn.
When we got into town we went grocery shopping and just lounged at our condo. The condo was super nice. Some of my favorite things were the full size kitchen, fireplace, and the BEST, most comfortable jacuzzi tub I've ever used. I should have taken some pictures of it but I didn't. Just take my word for it. Amazing! I took a bath everyday, sometimes twice a day and never stepped foot in the shower.
We went on this vacation having nothing planned. Literally nothing! What we didn't know when we planned nothing was that there would be nothing to do once we got there. Monday we woke up and got in the car looking for something to do. I found a chocolate shop close by, yummy, and asked the nice girl what there was to do. She said nothing. Thanks for the help! She did mention a famous beach that was about an hour away and gave us a map. It was Wasaga Beach, which is the world's longest fresh water beach. That sounded awesome so we went!
The beach did not look like this.
It looked more like this. Vacant. I guess no one goes to the beach there in the fall. Ha ha.

On our way back we did find this....
They were pretty um....darn good. And yes, I do know that my husband looks like a perve with his mustache. Don't get me started. I hope he's embarrassed by these pictures because I know I was!




6 comments:
haha You crack me up. You two sound just like Kory and I. I know I would have planned the same thing expecting lots to do and there would be nothin!
You are too funny about Nate!! Looks like a nice relaxing time. I'm glad you guys were able to go enjoy alone time.
The last picture of Nate cracks me up!! You probably could have gotten into Canada a little easier if he didn't have the stash. Looks like a good time!
yes, what is with the stash anyway? glad he didn't keep that.
Looks like a lot of fun! That part of you having to shut Nathan up, makes me laugh. We have to tell my dad to shut up all the time, he talks and talks nonsence and imbarrases the crap out of us, espcially in drive throughs! And don't worry, I've planned vacations before with nothing to do too! Oops!
Awesome! Seriously, I wish we could have gone together, I know you probably don't, but it would have been so much fun. We loved our trip up tha way too. But we didn't have some dam good fries. They really doo look soooo good to me right now...and yes, Nate looks like a pedifile.
Ew
Post a Comment