Saturday, November 15, 2008

The big two eight

It was my birthday yesterday! My day started off with sleeping in past 8:00 and waking up to a husband cleaning my kitchen. Now that's hot. Later he took Elly with him to run errands. They came back with a gift certificate from Elly and Ragan to the Gingerbread House. Yeah!

For my Birthday this year, I told Nate that I just wanted a weekend away without the kids to do whatever we wanted with no worries. I didn't really think it would actually happen, but to my surprize, it worked out. We left the kids with my mom and Shannon. Thanks guys!

We left Friday afternoon and hit the temple first.

I'm embarrassed to say it's been a reeeeally long time since we've gone to the temple for no other reason than to just go. We usually just go for weddings. I'm glad we went. We are going to start making it a priority. Plus it's always fun to see so many people you know there. We ended up being in the same session as our good friends Brooke and Jared Bingham. How fun. Afterwards we all went to the Macaroni Grill and hung out for awhile.

We stayed at the Buttes. It was super nice. After dinner we went hot tubbing for about 3 minutes. It was too hot so we gave up and went back to our room.

I slept so good. I had lots of space, rather than my typical 2 inches, with nobody kicking me in the face (Elly), Kneeing me in the back (Elly), or pulling my hair to fall asleep (Elly). Instead of me this time, it was Nana who was kicked in the face, kneed in the back, and got her hair pulled I'm sure. Thanks Nana! I owe you.

The next day (today) we went shopping and I got lots of fun stuff. As one of my presents, Nathan gave me a check that he got from Aflack for going to the chiropractor. With it, I finally got the awesome storage unit from Ikea that I have been dying to get for awhile now. Love it! Nathan even put it together for me already. My mom gave me some birthday money that I used to buy the super cute baskets from Target to go in it. What a good birthday!


I came home to some super sweet kids that were in such a good mood. It's always nice to get away but I always miss my kids like crazy!

12 comments:

Allison said...

How fun Becky...oh and Happy Birthday, as I am reading your get away with kids on my lap, kids screaming, tearing things apart, you know the usual...I am thinking of how much I miss being by family!! That is so nice of them to take your kidos for ya!! Glad you had fun!!

Desiree said...

So glad you had a nice get away. Lars and I stayed at the Buttes when we were there for our reception. We really liked it. Did you go down the slide?

Happy birthday, glad it was awesome! I wanna see what you did with the Ikea thing.

Shalise said...

Your storage unit is so cute! How fun to get away. We only got away to dinner on my birthday, but it was the nicest to eat without someone climbing on me and actually talk to my husband. It is weird how much you miss the kids that you think are driving you crazy, huh!

The Cash Family said...

i have a friend that doesn't understand how people can go on vacation with out their kids, i figure she hasn't been married long enough and had enough kids!! that is always my wish...to get away! fun bday, good job nate! does brooke have a blog? cute storage unit!!

Allred's said...

Oh I am so envious of your awesome trip. I love having time with just me and my hubby. It's fun to get away every once in a while. I bet your kiddos were so excited to see you. Happy Birthday Becky. Glad your day Rocked.

Maranda Whittle said...

Sounds like a really fun birthday! Happy Birthday!

The Walter's Family said...

That is always nice to get away! Happy late Birthday! I'm glad it was a good one.

Mary Ann said...

Happy b.day to you! Looks like a great time! i LOVE the storage unit and baskets! They all look so good!

Cami said...

Happy Birthday! I thought about you on your birthday, but it was a little after midnight our time, I was working, and I didn't think you'd appreciate a birthday phone call at that time! Then of course I forgot after that. But at least I remembered the moment it turned your birthday. Sounds like you had a good one. It's always the best to get away from the kids for a little while. Love ya!

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

Happy Birthday Lady!!! sounds like you had a blast!! you deserve it :)

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Becky! Sounds like a great weekend away, those are definately a must every once in awhile.

Desiree said...

You have been given a blog award...you are way stoked about it too! lol