Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Memories

So I've been seeing this post EVERYWHERE and haven't wanted to do it for fear that no one will respond and I'll feel stupid. So you better respond so I don't feel stupid!

1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember.

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you are playing and I'll come to your blog and leave a memory about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave a memory about you in my comments.

Blogger Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Man did you make Clayton mad!! I will be a little nicer with my comments. I sure do remember the canal wreck, I thought I was gonna die that night.

Remember the BBBBecky? I don't remember any details behind that one, I just remember laughing uncontrolably for days.

Remember the trash can raming? We drove around town raming trash cans over and went and hid on your tramp. as the police were going everywhere trying to find us!

Man the more I think about things we were not very good kids. Hope my kids never act the way we did, we better watch out.

Love ya!

STACEY

August 6, 2008 5:22 PM

Delete
Blogger Maranda Whittle said...

Ok, I'll post something just so you wont feel stupid!! I don't really have a memory though, since I haven't known you for very long. Here's one...remember sitting out in the hall at church because our babies are too loud. Ha Ha! (I'm such a dork!)

August 7, 2008 11:11 AM

Delete
Blogger Ali said...

The wonderful time we had when we would go walking in the mornings when we were both preg with our first babies and we lived in the trailers. How did that walking thing end i feel like we just stopped one day. But it was a lot of fun getting to know you.

August 7, 2008 11:36 AM

Delete
Blogger The Welker Family said...

I don't have many memories yet:) but I do remember that I found out that you were "the Becky" from the whole "dog name story" when you gave me those cute little crocheted socks.
Oh, and those tye-dye pictures are so neat!

August 7, 2008 12:38 PM

Delete
Blogger Mary Ann said...

i remember being in yw with you and thinking you were so beautiful and stylish! :)

your pictures of your girls are priceless!! they are perfect and so so so cute!!

August 9, 2008 10:13 AM

Delete
Blogger Angela said...

Becky, I remember so many funny things from our childhood-playing in your backyard in your cool playhouse and treehouse. I also remember sleeping over and coming home early everytime...hehe, I was soo afraid of the dark!

August 9, 2008 2:08 PM

Delete
Blogger The Walter's Family said...

My memories go back to the Eagle's Roost and how we would go over there at night with all of us and get a soda and just have a good ol' chat down. I think we would always end up scarying ourselves while we were at it, thinking someone would be watching us through the window.

August 9, 2008 3:06 PM

Delete
Blogger Amy Allred said...

Oh Becky, Well I have lots of memories, but my absolute favorite was when we were driving down to Thatcher for Father's day together and we were in your black car, I think it was an impala, but we were just about to enter the Salt River Canyon and you hit a big fat giant Jack Rabbit, and you cried and said, "I don't want to tell Nate that I just hit and killed a baby deer." I thought you were just teasing, and really knew it was a rabbit, but you seriously thought it was a baby deer. It was adorable. I love you to pieces.

August 12, 2008 1:45 AM

Delete
Blogger Becky said...

What? That was totally a baby deer! I thought you were kidding about it being a jack rabbit to make me feel better about kiiling a deer. But...it was a Deer!

August 12, 2008 8:56 AM

Delete
Blogger Amy Allred said...

NOOOOO, it was a giant rabbit. It had ears that reached the moon.

August 12, 2008 9:44 AM

Delete
Blogger Becky said...

OK, so I watched that deer run right out in front of me on all four DEER legs. Then, me and that deer...we made eye contact just before I plowed that poor unfortunate animal over. I've never run over a jack rabbit that thud, thud, thudded all the way across the bottom of my car.

I have a feeling that we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Or maybe...that deer had really long ears to the moon. Ha! Let's call it a Jack Deer.

August 12, 2008 11:07 AM

Delete
Anonymous Desiree Nordstrom said...

Speaking of animals, remember when we hit that bird with your dad's truck and it got stuck in the grill. We drove to school and made the boys take it out. We were such wusses. I still am.

I also remember ditching sunday school so we could go make cheese crisps at eagles roost. My first calling after marriage was teaching the 16 year olds in Sunday school, I laughed...payback for always ditching that class.

Remember stealing our dad's trucks when we were 15. My dad's one weekend, your dad's the next weekend. Two permits equal a license, right?!

And piercing our belly buttons together, only for our daddies not to be so happy about that.

Also sneaking out your bedroom window to usually meet boys. You were SOOOO boy crazy! And you got em all! How many have you kissed? Like 80 something? Or was that higher.

I remember you having to juggle boys, because you had so many. I finally talked you into Nate (or maybe he worked the magic and it wasn't me), he was always the best one.

I'm sure I can think of more to get you in trouble (and me). If anyone is interested, let me know. haha

August 13, 2008 11:13 AM

Delete
Blogger Becky said...

OK Des, trying to get me in trouble, eh? Let's talk about that number 80. Ummm....no, not that many. I did lose count and I'm sure there are some I don't remember, but it's nowhere near 80 or 50, or 40. We sure had some fun times though. The good ole days.

My fondest memories are cruising main picking fights with the Pima girls that hated us. Remember when they threw fire crackers at us and a milk shake all over your window. Funny stuff. Guess we shoulda stopped stealing their boyfriends. Ha ha.

Then remember singing at the top of our lungs and getting crazy driving through the Superior Mtns. And also that time we were driving across the rez and I got a drum through my windshield and you flew past me and flagged that dude down. What would I have done without you. And also that time we broke down on the freeway in my truck. We got pretty lucky on that one.

Sheesh, we had some good times. We've been through lots together, lots of boyfriends, lots of laughs, some good cries, some scary stuff, and a whole lotta fun and crazy times. Love ya!

Oh ya, GET A BLOG!!!

August 13, 2008 5:37 PM

Delete
Blogger Amy Allred said...

okay becky, I believe agreeing to disagree will have to work, Because I swore it was a jack rabbit. Dangit...that messes my memory up. LOL

August 14, 2008 12:07 PM

15 comments:

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Man did you make Clayton mad!! I will be a little nicer with my comments. I sure do remember the canal wreck, I thought I was gonna die that night.

Remember the BBBBecky? I don't remember any details behind that one, I just remember laughing uncontrolably for days.

Remember the trash can raming? We drove around town raming trash cans over and went and hid on your tramp. as the police were going everywhere trying to find us!

Man the more I think about things we were not very good kids. Hope my kids never act the way we did, we better watch out.

Love ya!

STACEY

Maranda Whittle said...

Ok, I'll post something just so you wont feel stupid!! I don't really have a memory though, since I haven't known you for very long. Here's one...remember sitting out in the hall at church because our babies are too loud. Ha Ha! (I'm such a dork!)

Ali said...

The wonderful time we had when we would go walking in the mornings when we were both preg with our first babies and we lived in the trailers. How did that walking thing end i feel like we just stopped one day. But it was a lot of fun getting to know you.

The Welker Family said...

I don't have many memories yet:) but I do remember that I found out that you were "the Becky" from the whole "dog name story" when you gave me those cute little crocheted socks.
Oh, and those tye-dye pictures are so neat!

Mary Ann said...

i remember being in yw with you and thinking you were so beautiful and stylish! :)

your pictures of your girls are priceless!! they are perfect and so so so cute!!

Angela said...

Becky, I remember so many funny things from our childhood-playing in your backyard in your cool playhouse and treehouse. I also remember sleeping over and coming home early everytime...hehe, I was soo afraid of the dark!

The Walter's Family said...

My memories go back to the Eagle's Roost and how we would go over there at night with all of us and get a soda and just have a good ol' chat down. I think we would always end up scarying ourselves while we were at it, thinking someone would be watching us through the window.

Allred's said...

Oh Becky, Well I have lots of memories, but my absolute favorite was when we were driving down to Thatcher for Father's day together and we were in your black car, I think it was an impala, but we were just about to enter the Salt River Canyon and you hit a big fat giant Jack Rabbit, and you cried and said, "I don't want to tell Nate that I just hit and killed a baby deer." I thought you were just teasing, and really knew it was a rabbit, but you seriously thought it was a baby deer. It was adorable. I love you to pieces.

Becky said...

What? That was totally a baby deer! I thought you were kidding about it being a jack rabbit to make me feel better about kiiling a deer. But...it was a Deer!

Allred's said...

NOOOOO, it was a giant rabbit. It had ears that reached the moon.

Becky said...

OK, so I watched that deer run right out in front of me on all four DEER legs. Then, me and that deer...we made eye contact just before I plowed that poor unfortunate animal over. I've never run over a jack rabbit that thud, thud, thudded all the way across the bottom of my car.

I have a feeling that we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Or maybe...that deer had really long ears to the moon. Ha! Let's call it a Jack Deer.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of animals, remember when we hit that bird with your dad's truck and it got stuck in the grill. We drove to school and made the boys take it out. We were such wusses. I still am.

I also remember ditching sunday school so we could go make cheese crisps at eagles roost. My first calling after marriage was teaching the 16 year olds in Sunday school, I laughed...payback for always ditching that class.

Remember stealing our dad's trucks when we were 15. My dad's one weekend, your dad's the next weekend. Two permits equal a license, right?!

And piercing our belly buttons together, only for our daddies not to be so happy about that.

Also sneaking out your bedroom window to usually meet boys. You were SOOOO boy crazy! And you got em all! How many have you kissed? Like 80 something? Or was that higher.

I remember you having to juggle boys, because you had so many. I finally talked you into Nate (or maybe he worked the magic and it wasn't me), he was always the best one.

I'm sure I can think of more to get you in trouble (and me). If anyone is interested, let me know. haha

Becky said...

OK Des, trying to get me in trouble, eh? Let's talk about that number 80. Ummm....no, not that many. I did lose count and I'm sure there are some I don't remember, but it's nowhere near 80 or 50, or 40. We sure had some fun times though. The good ole days.

My fondest memories are cruising main picking fights with the Pima girls that hated us. Remember when they threw fire crackers at us and a milk shake all over your window. Funny stuff. Guess we shoulda stopped stealing their boyfriends. Ha ha.

Then remember singing at the top of our lungs and getting crazy driving through the Superior Mtns. And also that time we were driving across the rez and I got a drum through my windshield and you flew past me and flagged that dude down. What would I have done without you. And also that time we broke down on the freeway in my truck. We got pretty lucky on that one.

Sheesh, we had some good times. We've been through lots together, lots of boyfriends, lots of laughs, some good cries, some scary stuff, and a whole lotta fun and crazy times. Love ya!

Oh ya, GET A BLOG!!!

Allred's said...

okay becky, I believe agreeing to disagree will have to work, Because I swore it was a jack rabbit. Dangit...that messes my memory up. LOL

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Hey!! I Keep forgetting to ask you how your personal training is going? Are you still doing it? I want to see after pictures! Your gonna be smok'n. Have you had anyone look at your house, is it still on the market? Maybe, I should just call you every once in a while to catch up news. :)

STACEY